16 January 2015

Taken 3 (2015)

Title: Taken 3
Release Date: 9 January 2015
Directed by: Olivier Megaton
Starring: Liam Neeson, Forest Whitaker
IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2446042/
My Rating: (2/10) ★☆☆☆☆





Well, I know one thing I wasn't taken with: this movie. Ba dum bum. 

Now honestly, I do not know what I was expecting. Good writing? Probably not. Decent writing that could pass for dialogue? Again probably not. Was I expecting laughable acting from a man I still respect, even though I recognize he has somehow become a caricature of himself.  Yes, yes I was. So in that regard I guess I got what I was expecting.

Chest voice on. Double squint engaged. Let the drama begin.

For a man who gets things taken from him so regularly, he sure has a tendency to leave himself vulnerable. But how else could this predictable set of circumstances unfold, complete with an ending you'd need to be asleep not to see coming. I suppose if I could survive gas explosions, car crashes, 100 foot drops et al, I wouldn't be too concerned either.

No comments:

Post a Comment